KELLIE FITZGIBBON MAKEUP ARTIST
Bridal, Fashion, TV & Special Occasion
Certified Eyelash Extension Technician
I’ve always loved indulging my creativity and so in 2008 with some encouragement from my friends and family I began to train as a makeup artist with LA Make-Up Academy. After graduating in 2009 I began to work freelance starting off with Hallowe’en parties and makeovers for friends, gradually building up to Photo-Shoots, Fashion Shows, Weddings, Awards Ceremonies, Special Occasions and T.V. Commercials.
In 2013, after completing more training and with some really great experiences behind me, I took the plunge and left my full-time job as an Events Manager in The Shelbourne Hotel to follow my Passion and become a full-time professional makeup artist. Before working in the Shelbourne I worked with Expo Events Ireland as an events manager since 2002. I still enjoy the buzz of being behind the scenes at big events but now without the stress !
I LOVE working with Brides-to-be creating the perfect makeup look for their wedding. We’ll work together to customize a look that suits you. Many of my Brides were not accustomed to wearing make-up regularly and wanted a look that remained true to their style. We worked together to bring out their natural beauty and character.
I always recommend we do a trial approx 2-3 months prior to your wedding day. I carry out all my trials in my studio in South Dublin. At your trial we will discuss ideas and look through any images you might have. I have an extensive range of high quality products (YSL, Chanel, Nars, Bobbi Brown, Mac Cosmetics and Estee Lauder to name a few) which will suit all skin types and tones.
As a former Wedding Co-Ordinator in the five star Shelbourne Hotel in Dublin, I’ve worked on most aspects of planning a big wedding day. I’m happy to share my wealth of knowledge with you at our trial and I’ve been told I bring an air of calmness to the morning preparations.
I am a fully qualified lash extension technician, working from my South Dublin Studio, approx 5mins drive from Dundrum Town Centre. I aim to create lashes that will look naturally beautiful and can last from 4-6 weeks. Whether you simply want to add a bit of natural looking length and fullness or you’re looking for something a bit fuller, I can accommodate you! I provide a full consultation beforehand to make sure your satisfied and will wear your lashes with confidence.
Eyelash Extensions are an extremely popular beauty procedure in Ireland. There is no comparison between lash extensions and self stick-on strips of false lashes or salon applied cluster lashes that are stuck on to the skin. The lashes I use are cruelty free mink lashes made of luxurious silk and are very comfortable and lightweight to wear. They are applied one-by-one onto each individual natural lash with a safe lash glue that lasts approx 4 to 6 weeks.
Corporate and Commercial
Here’s me working with Rob Kearney (from the Irish & Leinster Rugby Teams) as the makeup artist for a Laya Healthcare campaign. As well as T.V. commercials I’ve worked on many photo-shoots and movies. In 2014 I worked at Electric Picnic for Electric Ireland in their Powerhouse for the Powerballads competition they ran.
My Qualifications include:
- The Makeup Dept. Belfast: Certificate in SFX Makeup for TV & Film, 2018
- Danielle Mahon Makeup Artist: Certificate in Bridal Makeup, 2018
- The Makeup Dept. Belfast: Certificate in Get Set Ready, 2017
- The Upstyle Academy: Certificate in Upstyling, 2017
- Glamour Lashes Ireland: Certificate, Advanced Lash Extensions, 2016
- Callanberry The Academy: Certificate in Makeup Artistry, 2015
- Zoë Clark Make-Up School: Certificate in Bridal Makeup, 2014
- Make Up For Ever: High Definition Makeup, 2014
- INGLOT Makeup Ireland: Advanced Diploma in Bridal Makeup, 2014
- Up To My Eyes: Eyelash Extension Specialist, 2014
- LA Creative Academy: Diploma in Fashion, Bridal, Theatrical Make-Up Artistry, SFX (Special Effects) and TV & Film, 2013
- LA Makeup Academy: Diploma in Fashion Photographic and Bridal Make-Up Artistry, 2009